Our Ethos, Values, Vision, Aims
'Developing the love of life and learning in a caring, Christian Community'
'Do unto others as you would have them do to you.' (Luke 6:13)
‘I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.’ (John 10:10)
Together we are a family, Learning to love and Loving to learn.
The St James' community worked together to develop our shared school values.
‘Do unto others as you would have them do to you’ (Luke 6:13)
‘Love your neighbour as you love yourself.’ (Matthew 12:31)
“May my friends sing and shout for joy. May they always say ‘Praise the greatness of the Lord. He loves to see his servants do well.’” (Psalms 35:27)
“Be kind to each other” (Ephesians 4:32)
"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world."
“So these three things continue forever: faith, hope and love. And the greatest of these is love” (1 Corinthians 13:13)
“And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.” (Micah 6:8)
“Do not be angry with each other, but forgive each other. If someone does wrong to you, then forgive him. Forgive each other because the Lord forgave you.” (Colossians 3:13)
“We must not become tired of doing good. We will receive our harvest of eternal life at the right time. We must not give up!” (Galatians 6:9)
Worship at St James'
Developing the love of life and learning in a caring Christian community. As our children say... Together we are a family, learning to love and loving to learn.
- St James’ Church of England Junior School is a community school committed to addressing the educational needs of all local people.
- Informed by our Christian values, the school is committed to providing a safe, stimulating environment where everyone is valued equally and encouraged to develop to their full potential.
- We place high value on working in partnership with all stakeholders and aim to encourage active participation in the life of the school.
- Our vision and values are rooted in the Bible teachings:
‘Do unto others as you would have them do to you’
‘I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full'
- We aim to work together in partnership with parents, governors and the local community to provide an effective education for every pupil, regardless of ability, culture, gender, race, religious faith or economic or social circumstance.
- We aim to provide every pupil with the educational knowledge, skills, opportunities and resources to enable them to realise their full potential in an increasingly diverse society.
- We aim to provide all staff with the opportunity to develop their professionalism in order that the quality of education is maintained at a high standard so that we deliver an ‘effective education’.
- We aim to affirm the Christian ethos and foundation of the school. We seek to preserve in all aspects of school life, the ethos, moral and spiritual values of the Christian faith, whilst respecting the other religious and cultural traditions of our community.